Friday 20 July 2012

Review: Aveda Inner Light Mineral Tinted Moisturizer



I used to be a foundation-only gal, but I decided to give this tinted moisturizer a try upon receiving it as a gift. It's summer now, and my foundation feels a little heavy and smears all over my phone screen (even with powder). I always thought my skin was flawed: acne scars, redness, blackheads, some wrinkles around the mouth. I use a foundation with a medium-heavy coverage to combat my facial insecurities. I was nervous to try just a sheer tinted moisturizer, I didn't think it would cover my flaws very well and would melt off in the heat.

Well, gee whiz was I wrong. This moisturizer (in Beechwood), was surprisingly thick coming out of the tube. I used a pea-sized amount and spread it evenly over my face, including my eyelids and under-eye area, and down below my jawline. (NOTE: I did not use any moisturizer first). I was surprised how well the colour blended in. It was a bit sticky at first, but dried to a powdery finish. I still use a setting powder over this because I am paranoid about my makeup melting off (and it helps set my eyeshadow and liner). I was also shocked at how well it covered up pimples and redness and generally evened out my skin tone. The SPF 15 is a plus. It's titanium dioxide, so it's good for sensitive skin and effectively blocks both UVA and UVB rays. 

This tinted moisturizer is a win for sure and I'll be using it come autumn and winter as well when I just need light-medium coverage. The reviews on the Aveda page (link below the picture) range from 2-5 stars, with the 5-star reviews heavily outweighing the lesser ones. 

Give this one a try if you want a nice, light moisturizer with a bit of colour that covers imperfections and protects from the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment