Friday 20 July 2012

Review: Lashes to lashes

Here I will review 3 mascaras I've been using lately.


The most recent mascara I've used is Cover Girl's Last Blast Fusion. A friend of mine uses it and I've always admired her long, thick, defined lashes. So when my current mascara ran out, I purchases this (it helped it was on sale for $6.99). Normally I use both a volumizing and a lengthening mascara to achieve my desired look: lashes to the sky, thick, and distinct. 

I applied 2-3 coats of this mascara (in Blackest Black), which has a plastic wand and brush, instead of the typical fibre one. I was very pleased with the results. Actually, it made my lashes just as beautiful as my 2 mascaras combined! Also, I experienced no smudging or flaking during the day.

Very pleased with this product.




This is the mascara I was using in combination with the lengthening one. I've used this mascara since it came out (I want to say 4 or 5 years). I use it in Glam Black and pay around $8 for it. I usually apply 2-3 coats with the fibre brush and it gives intensely thick lashes, but not much length. It's easy to apply too much of this mascara and have your lashes clump together. I used to use this religiously and once found it on sale for $4 each and bought 3. I find it dries out quickly though and the lack of length is disappointing.



This is the lengthening mascara I was using. The beauty consultant at the local drug store picked it out for me when I mentioned I wanted something to make my lashes longer. It wasn't on sale so I spent a full $11 on it. I first used it on its own and it gives no volume whatsoever and it does a mediocre job of lengthening. That's when I had the idea to combine The Colossal with this one to create the ultimate lash experience. It worked really well: I would first apply the volumizing mascara and then Last Extreme. It has a bristle brush and is easy to apply, doesn't smudge or flake, and is gentle for sensitive eyes. I've never been thrilled with the Marcelle line, except for one lipstick and their setting powder, which I'll review at a later date.

So all in all, I think I'll stick with Cover Girl for now. At least for the next 3 months (when you're supposed to change mascaras like toothbrushes, for hygiene reasons). 



No comments:

Post a Comment