Wednesday 18 July 2012

Two Reviews: Aubrey Organics GPB & Clinique 7 Day Scrub


Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner and Clinique 7 Day Scrub




I wanted to start off this blog with reviews of two of my favourite products: Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner and Clinique 7 Day Scrub. I've been using the conditioner for 3 years and the scrub for 2 weeks. It's become a fast favourite of mine. 



First, the conditioner. I have fine curly hair with a normal-high porosity (read more about that here: at naturallycurly.com). Higher-porosity hair craves protein and this conditioner has glycoproteins and milk protein to help repair and strengthen. It also has aloe to moisturize. The conditioner is thick and rich and the scent reminds me of that Flex Balsam and Protein conditioner they had way back when. For those of you unfamiliar with that product, it has a pleasant herbal-y smell. I don't use a lot, maybe a quarter-sized amount for my shoulder-length hair. I let it sit for a few minutes under a shower cap and it rinses out clean. It leaves my hair soft, bouncy, and mostly frizz free (I use a little gel to combat the rest). 



Now, the scrub. I received this tester-sized bottle as a gift from a friend. The package says you can use it every day but my skin is extra-sensitive and since I also exfoliate with a washcloth at night to take my makeup off, I decided to use this every 2-3 days. The formula has a light scent, is very creamy, and has fine particles in it. It doesn't lather, but glides on smoothly. The instructions say to rub it in for 10-15 seconds and then rinse off. I also use it on my lips and it makes them nice and smooth. After rinsing off, my skin feels soft and moisturized. I don't use any other moistuizer after this product because it is so creamy to begin with.



I'll be back this week with some more product reviews and maybe some recipes and writing. I'm not sure how this blog will shape up yet, but I'm excited to find out!








No comments:

Post a Comment