Sunday 22 July 2012

Relaxing by the creek

It rained yesterday morning, but the sun was nice enough to show his shiny face in the early afternoon. It was a perfect day for fishing, and although I don't fish myself, I enjoy accompanying those who do. There's nothing nicer than sitting on a blanket with a packed lunch and a good book, enjoying nature (one of my friends says this is boring, but I find it highly enjoyable. Plus, I like watching my friends casting their lines, over and over. It's meditative.). We spent a good 4 or 5 hours at Ellwood Park in Abbotsford, where there is a lily-pad covered creek filled with bass. We caught 2 little ones that we threw back. 

There is also a nice trail around the creek and several look-out points where you can sit down and enjoy the surroundings. We even saw an osprey swoop down and catch a fish.


EDIT: Haha, I Googled "Ellwood Park Abbotsford" and the 6th result down is a men's cruising website. Apparently this spot is popular for pickups after dark.



No comments:

Post a Comment