Sunday 4 November 2012

Review: Clinque Lid Smoothie

Clinque Lid Smoothie in "Cashew Later"


Hello, friends! I have been away for a while - starting a new job and moving into a new apartment and working on various projects. It's good to be back.

I picked up this product about a month ago after a complimentary makeover at a Clinque counter at the local Sears. The cosmetician used it as a base for a powder eye shadow and told me it would help my shadow last up to 8 hours. When I went back (just for a browse - haha), the cosmetician at the counter told me it gave her eye shadow 14-hour staying power. I was impressed. They come in an array of colours with cute names like "Sassy-fras" and "Pinkgo Biloba" and can be used alone or as a primer. I chose "Cashew Later" (a nude beige with a hint of shimmer), to wear under the eye shadow quad I also purchased ("Purple Haze" - a lovely violet with a silver highlighter and a darker grey for the crease. It also has an indigo to make a smoky eye). 

The Lid Smoothie comes in a small tube with a metal applicator. I don't use the applicator, I just squeeze out a little bit and apply with my finger. It dries in seconds. Not sticky or powdery - just matte. It also says that it's "antioxidant". The Clinique website states that it protects the eye area and that nourishing ingredients help smooth fine lines. 

I tried wearing the Lid Smoothie on its own with just eye liner and mascara, and found it creased before 8 hours and my eye liner transferred to my eye lid. But when I wear it under eye shadow, it makes the colours pop and keeps it on all day - even when I go from work to a social event. The rest of my face might be shiny, but this stuff lasts and lasts.

Overall, I'm very happy with this product. The $20 price tag is reasonable because this tube will likely last me 6 months with the teeny-tiny amount needed.

It also comes in colours like "Imprompt-Blue" and "Salt and Pepper", so there is definitely something for everyone. If you want an eye shadow primer that works, give this a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment